ImagesByKecia's (IBK) licensing policies are designed to balance the costs that go into creating and sharing images with the desire to provide inspiration through the images on the internet and around the world.
IBK allows the use of images in two ways:
1. CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
With Creative Commons you are free:
- To Share: Copy, Distribute, and Transmit the image
Under these conditions:
- Attribution: Attribution to Kecia L. Allen and ImagesByKecia LLC must be made along with the image, and the Copyright notice must be left in place.
- Non-Commercial: The image must not be used for commercial purposes under any circumstances. For clarity on what defines commercial use, please see the Sample Accepted Uses below.
- No Derivative Works: You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.
2. SAMPLE ACCEPTED USE OF THE CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE:
- An individual using an image as a desktop background for the computer monitor
LICENSE TO COPYRIGHT
‘Commercial Use’ regarding the use of images online or offline is defined very broadly. The determination of commercial or non-commercial use is based on the contextual use of the image. The determination is NOT based on the tax-filing status of the entity using the image nor on whether or not a financial transaction takes place.
Commercial use of IBK images is allowed only if expressly granted by Kecia L. Allen and/or ImagesByKecia LLC. All commercial uses will incur a licensing fee. My fees are based on the following criteria:
- Media – print, web, television, etc.
- Distribution Size – number of copies printed, viewing audience size, exposure (regional, national, international)
- Length of Use – 1 year, 2 years, etc.
- Prominence of Display – 1/4 page, 1/2 page, full page, spread, front cover, back cover, home page (online), interior page (online), etc.
All licensing inquiries should be sent to: IBK@ImagesByKecia.net.
SAMPLE USE REQUIRING A LICENSE TO COPYRIGHT:
- A marketing campaign for a commercial entity
- A fund-raising campaign for a not-for profit entity
- A background image for a website about furniture
- License to create an individual print for use in a private home
This work by Kecia L. Allen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
©2018 Kecia L. Allen, ImagesByKecia LLC. Some Rights Reserved. None of the materials on these pages – digitally-embedded images or text – is part of Public Domain. All are protected by United States and international copyright laws, including the Berne convention; If you have any questions or want information on usage, fees, and similar images, please contact IBK@ImagesByKecia.net.